Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Inner Mapplethorpe

No, not like that!

This spring has been good for things growing in our backyard. In particular, our flowering trees and bushes have been so laden with fecundity that Rob and I felt compelled to take some artsy photographs. Here is the crabapple tree covering our patio in full flower a few weeks ago. (Notice the garden mobiles dangling from its limbs.)


And a beautiful closeup taken by Rob:


This is one of our rhododendrons currently in bloom. I'm quite taken with the single brown stripe on each blossom.


And here it is being rude. Take that, Georgia O'Keefe!


I'm sure I will have more to post later in the season, when our clematis vine and gigantic Rose of Sharon bush strut their stuff.

2 comments:

gary rith said...

Werner, shouldn't there be an orchid in every shot?

Werner Sun said...

Good point, Gary! Next time....