
Yesterday, I made a few pieces to sell at Manndible Café in the lobby of Mann Library at Cornell. These sculptures are based on their logo (pictured at left), which was designed by their longtime-friend Alice Muhlback, who is also the owner of Spirit and Kitsch. The first pair depicts the Manndible monster literally. My initial attempt at this also included a mug handle shaped to look like an ear, but I think they're cuter without it.
The second pair (Manndible birds) shows what would happen if the Manndible monster mated with Alice's signature raven (shown at right). Pretty scary, huh? Alice came up with the idea for this one.
Incidentally, the food at Manndible is great, too. Fans of their previous establishment, Juna's Café on the Commons, will not be surprised. Be sure to sample their burritos with your choice of meaty and non-meat fillings.




3 comments:
hey--those are great--the raven manndibles ARE especially scary!!
Werner! I saw these when I was there Tuesday! Rock on, Werner.
hey werner i love the offspring comment, it's true. also like the your purer version. is that a word? but i also looked and read all the other stuff you've been writing and i had a great visit. look forward to reading your next blog!
Post a Comment