Of the many things I like about Ithaca, high on the list is its natural beauty. Cascading waterfalls, lakeshore vistas, and bucolic countryside are all within a 15-minute drive, and some are even just a few blocks away. It's an embarrassment of riches, many of which are expertly captured by local photographer Kathryn Coldren.
In Ithaca, the line between city and country is blurred, and each season brings its own pleasures. Driving through town, one can turn off the main thoroughfare just beyond the big box stores into Buttermilk Falls State Park to experience an immediate thundering reminder that urban centers may flourish and grow, but only with the consent of the surrounding land.
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago











2 comments:
You are such a nice person. I am overwhelmed :-)
What a wonderful write up Werner! I posted something about it on my blog on my MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/scoldren
Post a Comment