A few weeks ago, at the fabled semi-annual Friends of the Library Book Sale, I picked up a little gem in the Art section for only $2.50. Here's a picture of the cover.
It's a book of clip art. Of senior citizens. In everyday situations. Each image is single sided and comes in three sizes. You can cut them out and paste them on your AARP fliers.
I'm not sure why I find this book so amusing. It reads like an illustrated guide to the rearing and enjoyment of the mysterious and elusive "senior citizen". See, they really are just like us! They dance. They do calisthenics. They tend bonsai.
The females of the species are adept at manual chores like vaccuming, rolling pie crusts, and doing laundry, while the raising of parrots is left to the males.
Favorite pastimes include sitting on luggage and pointing to the east.
Oral hygiene is important to keeping your senior citizen healthy. No one likes to be sick.
Above all, keep your senior citizens occupied with activities or stuffed animals, and they will bring you years of satisfaction.
I stood there in the middle of the book sale giggling uncontrollably. Proud of my find, I rushed over to the Fiction section to show Rob. But he just gave me a "yeah, so?" look.
Sigh. I guess it's just me....
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago




4 comments:
man, not sure I wanna grow up
Aw, it's not so bad. You might get turned into clip art!
that is the funniest thing i have ever seen...sorry rob.
OMG - literally hundreds of uses, indeed!
Post a Comment