Friday, June 5, 2009

Everything is a Map

The map show opening is today. Stop by The Upstairs Gallery from 5-8 PM for some fun snacks and riveting art. Alice, Ben, and I have been putting up the show in the last few days, and I have to say it looks great. In addition to the art pieces in the front room, the back room has been transformed into a 3D maze made of yarn strung from wall to wall (and ceiling).

We have also been working on a bunch of smaller pieces -- spray-painted stencils on aluminum flashing that incorporate symbols from our key. Here's a sampling of the ones I made.



If you miss the opening tonight, the show will be on display through June 27. Please do take a look!

5 comments:

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

I am looking forward to seeing the show- see ya later!

Adi said...

Hi Werner ! I want one of these.

Werner Sun said...

Nancy, thanks for coming! It was great seeing you!

Adi, I'll bring you one on my next trip. Do you have one in mind?

Adi said...

Great. The left one :-).

Werner Sun said...

D'oh! That one is already gone. But I'll try to reproduce it.