Most of my recent mobiles have been made of polymer clay, but before that, I used aluminum almost exclusively. A customer asked me the other day about my metal mobiles, so here are a few pictures. The shapes are cut out of roof flashing and then spray painted.
I haven't abandoned metal for good -- there is something to be said for the clean sleekness of these pieces. However, I have found polymer clay easier to work with, and the expressive possibilities are greater. This flexibility has allowed me to develop a wider visual vocabulary that I might one day translate back to metal.
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago








2 comments:
I love the one with squares and circles- I can't help thinking what a cool lamp that would make! Ever think of going "functional"?
I've considered it before, but I haven't really pursued it. Maybe you can give me some pointers!
Post a Comment