Monday, November 17, 2008

Nighttime Forest with Reindeer


Can you see it?

And yes, I don't name my pieces until after I've finished them.

This large wall mobile (45 inches tall!) is for a group holiday show that opens on December 7 at Thou Art Gallery. I'm excited about this show because it's in a wonderful lofty space (a converted church), and most of my fellow artists are from either Spirit and Kitsch or the Ithaca Holiday Store. I think it's going to be a great festive display of fun local art.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can't tell from the photo: does the nose stay put or rotate?

Shouldn't those go into Spirit and Kitsch, though?

Werner Sun said...

You mean the purple circle emerging from the blue crescent? That's fixed on the backboard. But Rudolph's red nose is rotating.

I already have lots of stuff at Spirit and Kitsch (now under new management and renamed The Kitschen Sink), and I need to fill up the other venues I've committed to. In fact, I am trying to do so frantically....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

our Werner is a busy boy, yes indeedy...

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Werner, I LOVE this one! I can't wait to hang it on the wall!

Kimberly said...

I meant the Rudolph nose. The Spirit and Kitsch comment was simply about the appropriate linking of shop name and subject matter. Christmas Spirit, and all...

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Kimberly,
Maybe you should check out Thou Art Gallery: http://www.thouart-gallery.com/
This piece will look Fabulous in my eclectic space. Werner is part of a group show opening December 7- please come if you can. It is nice to spread the talent around a bit. Even Alice Muhlback (Spirit and Kitsch's former owner)will be a part of this show. The more places work is shown, the more people have an opportunity to see it.
Hope to see you at the opening,
Nance (owner Thou Art Gallery)

Werner Sun said...

Kimberly: ah, I didn't catch the wry smile in your question ;-). It was too faint from across the pond....

Kimberly said...

Werner, that's the risk with cross-genre trans-Atlantic blogging.

Nancy, I am thoroughly envious of all the shops that are linked, but am too far away to take advantage of the opportunities. I hope the show goes well.