Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Daily Art

I've decided that I need to start making art every day. Large or small, good or bad. Even the simplest doodle will suffice.

I haven't had much time for art recently, but that's really no excuse. I should be constantly practicing and working on new ideas. And, let's face it, not every experiment will turn out successfully. But the point is to try it anyway because no effort is truly wasted.

So, here are three line drawings I made last night. Unlike most of my work so far, these were not planned in advance; they are spontaneous, stream of consciousness drawings. I laid down each line slowly and deliberately, with as few revisions as possible, concentrating on the physicality of pencil on paper, living solely in the moment.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Werner, these are really wonderful. Very thought provoking. Keep this up.
Art every day is so important.