This piece is still in progress because I haven't figured out how to mount the cardboard rectangles yet. In these pictures, they're just stuck to the wall with masking tape. I'll post more pictures when it's done.
Update: Here's the finished product. The mobile measures 47" W x 37" H, and the wall piece is 42" W x 31" H.
I turned the two rectangular pieces into a flat mobile so they would both hang from a single point but also stay in a fixed relative position. I suppose this wall piece doesn't necessarily have to hang against a wall; it could be free-floating alongside the other mobile. That might be an interesting idea to develop for next time.




2 comments:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yum!
I really like this effect. I feel an explosion of shapes coming out of the rectangular pieces and floating in the air. (The shapes could not be contained in the limited space, and needed to escape.)
Very well done.
Post a Comment