This is my first artist's book, composed of altered photographs with hand-drawn maps interspersed. The photos are of a large birch tree in our yard during a violent thunderstorm this past week. I took the photos through a window just as the rain began to fall, so some of the blurry spots are water drops on the glass.
The book is constructed with an accordion fold, so the above scan shows one side of the paper. Below is the other side.
This first printing will be a limited edition of 10, and the maps in each one are unique. I will have a couple of these on hand at the Ithaca Artists' Market tomorrow.
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago




3 comments:
A new direction for you - wish I could see them in person.
Thanks, Helen!
Are they at Ithacamade? I missed getting to see them at the Artist's Market.
Post a Comment