I finally decided to rework the cardboard mobile I made almost two years ago. Here's a picture of the original, where the cardboard was kept bare:
Yesterday, I repositioned the two halves so the whole thing is more horizontal, and I painted the pieces with colors from the 70's. They almost look like laminated plywood now. Here is the revamped mobile (avec shadows) photographed with and without my canvas prints in the background:
This will be one of the pieces I'm bringing to my new venue, the Aurora Arts & Design Center. It's a sweet gallery and antiques shop in beautiful downtown Aurora, and I'm thrilled to be joining a great group of artists there!
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago




2 comments:
dear werner i am particularly taken with the gold yellow symbol in the right hand corner of mobile, thinking of stealing it.....and congrats at aurora!!!!
Thanks, Alice! Yes, please use that symbol if you want. It guess it resembles an A and an M merged together!
Post a Comment