Monday, May 17, 2010

Go West


Rob and I are moving out to the country. Enfield, to be exact. Twelve miles west of Ithaca. For a city dweller like myself, it's going to be a big change (for example, the new house currently has no internet). But we love the house we found, and it sits on one of the highest points in the county, so the scenery is terrific. The photo to the left shows the view across our land at twilight yesterday.

Below is a composite that tries to convey both my anxiety over the shift in lifestyle as well as a sense of possibilities opening up.

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

WERNER! ROBBO! Whoa!

BSOB said...

As Jim Morrison said - The west is the Best....

Gallow said...

Werner, this is fantastic. I like it a lot. Great use of color.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. What a fantastic place. Just go with it.
BTW, your mobile is getting a new home today on our lanai in Naples. Hal is setting it up so that we can bring it in when we are not here. Will post an image on my blog later.

Werner Sun said...

Thanks, all!

Mary, I can't wait to see the pics! Your salt and pepper set will be brightening up our dining table after the move.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about that! Glad you reminded me so I don't give you that for a housewarming. LOL Which color salt and pepper did you choose?