If so, then you'll definitely want to take in this mobile, which measures 72" H x 38" W. It's taller than I am! It will be on display outdoors at The Plantsmen Nursery during the month of September, as part of their Art on the Grounds show. The kickoff is on Sunday, August 30, noon to 4 PM, in conjunction with a customer appreciation day. So, in addition to the art, there will be food and drinks, a botanical scavenger hunt with lots of free plant giveaways, and kids activities.
This mobile is constructed in three main parts, each of which could really be a mobile on its own. I was going for a series of tumbling swirls, for which I introduced a new paisley teardrop shape. The composition gave me a bit of trouble since I began to have structural issues near the top -- the wire wasn't stiff enough to support the weight of the mobile, so I had to revise my original plan and also add some reinforcements.
Here are some closeups of the various parts:
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago




2 comments:
WERNER! Its a whopper!
I love the new mobile! I can envision it hanging from a high ceiling of a loft near a staircase. As you walk up the stairs, you would be able to enjoy the different sections of the mobile.
Post a Comment