Another cannibalization. The original wall mobile is here. I decided the mobile part looks better on its own. Now, that backboard has been repurposed for this map mobile:
Here are some close-ups of the details:
A word of explanation: the June show at The Upstairs Gallery is going to be a collaborative installation by Alice Muhlback, Ben Marlan, and myself. The theme is maps; personal maps, fictional maps, maps that can't get you from point A to point B but that nonetheless show you where you are. There will also be an interactive element that we haven't fully fleshed out yet.
Our pieces will be linked by some common graphic elements, one of which is the bird with an arrow head that I used on the backboard. This is Alice's symbol for desire. Another common element is the irregular angular shape, which is my symbol for manmade structures.
The opening is Friday, June 5, 5-8 PM. Mark your calendars!
The Angel of Gratitude by Dee Sprague
15 years ago




5 comments:
cool baby!
Hey Werner, I sold 3 little mobiles a couple of weeks ago!
I will be at the market this Sunday- will I see you?
Fantastic, Nance, thanks! I'll be at the market Sunday, but only as a customer....
wow i love it werner, and what you wrote is beautiful. perfect, inspiriing!!!this is going to be fun!!
i dont think i can make it to that show, but it sounds sort of interesting.
Post a Comment