Friday, August 22, 2008

Curry Night at the ABC Café

Some of the best Indian food in town is served on Wednesday nights at The ABC Café. The Curry Royale is a heaping plate of cauliflower with tomato, red lentil dal, and curried peas and potato (basically a dosa filling), served with brown rice and red onion chutney, topped with a piece of naan, and with a dish of yogurt raita (full of cucumber and onion) on the side. Everything always tastes fresh and lively, and the spices are well-balanced. A good deal of attention goes into each part of this meal.

In fact, Rob and I love the entire ABC menu, especially their black bean nachos, broccoli-scallion omelets, veggie burgers, calabacitas burritos and chesse enchiladas on Mexican Night (Thursday), and catfish po' boys on Soul Food Night (Saturday). This is home-cooking at its best: unpretentious, nutritious, and soul-satisfying.

1 comment:

gary rith said...

I know. I love that place. And their baker? A master with vegan treats.